- - Memphis, TN
- Full Time
Stella-Jones in Memphis, TN seeks a qualified QC Tech to perform routine standardized chemical testing and quality control by performing the following duties:
- Administers field and laboratory tests, evaluates results
- Ensures and maintains Corporate Quality Policy on quality standards.
- Oversees processing of quality reports and maintenance of quality databases.
- Pulls samples from tank trucks, railcars and storage tanks
- Operates various lab instruments
- Assists with the implementation of process improvements.
- Previous general chemistry experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work overtime hours as business demands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication
- Must work exceptionally well in team environments and have strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly, adaptable, and embraces change
- Strong results-orientated
• Annual bonus program opportunity • Comprehensive benefits plans including o 3 different medical plans to choose from o Company paid dental and vision coverage o Company paid life insurance policy o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy o Company paid long term disability benefits o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred o Robust employee assistance program o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction • 9 paid holidays each year • 2 weeks paid vacation the first year • Paid sick hours and personal hours
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled