- - Montevallo, AL
- Full Time
Stella-JonesCorporation seeks a Tie Buyer for our Montevallo/Clanton, AL region. Our Buyer works closely with lumber mills and brokers to selectand order wood. The Buyer will also inspect, grade and appraise wood commodities offered for sale to determine value and yield.
• Provides a continuous monthly supply of ties to accomplish above-allocated annual production requirements.
• Purchases and balances raw materials inventory to meet required production levels.
• Monitors yields to ensure cost efficiency is maintained and budget requirements are met.
• Maintains and develops new relationships with sellers of raw materials.
• Ensures proper quantity and quality of materials received to locations.
• Contacts and follows up on any open market producers that have material fitting production needs.
• Provides price forecasts and outlooks for purchases and arranges payment for completed orders.
• BS or AS in Forestry or relevant degree preferred
• Demonstrated negotiation abilities
• Computer proficiency (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Excellent oral & written communications skills
• Strong business orientation
• Ability to travel
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits plans including
- 3 different medical plans to choose from
- Company paid dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
- Company paid long term disability benefits
- 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
- Robust employee assistance program
- Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
- 9 paid holidays each year
- 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
- Paid sick hours and personal hours
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled