Human Resources Coordinator
- - Montevallo, AL
- Full Time
Stella-Jones is looking for an experienced Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. The selected candidate will assist with a wide array of HR functions, including recruiting, filing, recordkeeping, and assisting with employee inquires. This individual should demonstrate excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a collaborative, results-oriented environment.
• Post open positions, review resumes, schedule interviews and updates information on all recruiting websites. Perform pre-screen interviews.
• Assembles hiring packets, and plans and conducts new hire orientations
• Maintains employee information in HRIS; responsible for ensuring all changes are supported with proper documentation
• Maintains and processes support orders and garnishments
• Completes and submits employment verifications according to company policies
• Prepares monthly Bureau of Labor Statistics reports and various other reports and statistics
• Reviews and processes contributions for Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
• Responds to employee inquiries regarding health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k, pension, EAP etc.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, completes entries in HRIS, conducts exit interviews
• Performs basic office functions: filing, data entry, etc.
• Assist with special projects
• Participates and contributes to company safety program
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree in Human Resources preferred
• 2-4 years of experience in similar role
• License/Certification: SHRM-CP preferred
• Strong understanding of HRIS
• Detail oriented, accurate, and organized, and can maintain organizational data
• Demonstrated ability to establish and build relationships
• Understanding of records administration including filing, archiving, and confidential handling
• Working knowledge of HR principles and practices including labor relations
• Able to handle confidential information responsibly
• Can handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, and legal documents
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and written. Able to communicate to people at all levels.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Experience with MS Suite
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
• 3 different medical plans to choose from
• Company paid dental and vision coverage
• Company paid life insurance policy
• Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
• Company paid long term disability benefits
• 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
• Robust employee assistance program
• Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled