Boiler Operator 1
- - Whitmire, SC
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade, a wood products company, seeks a qualified Boiler Operator 1 for our Whitmire, SC operations. This role operates automatically fired boilers to generate steam that supplies heat or power for building or industrial processes.
- Maintains temperatures.
- Observes and notates meters/gauges.
- Dry wood to required specification.
- Drill sample cores from charges for moisture content.
- Operate mobile equipment to ensure boiler feed stock levels are maintained.
- Maintain clean working area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: Three to six months related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variable in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
About the Company:
McFarland Cascade a Stella-Jones Company is a leading North American producer and marketer of industrial treated wood products specializing in production of poles, railway ties and timbers as well as our Residential Products division which supplies treated lumber and some deck accessories to retail outlets. The company has 43 plant locations along with various other sales offices throughout Canada and the US. From our beginnings as a producer of poles and pilings in Sandpoint, ID in 1916, McFarland Cascade's future has been focused on continued research and development of the best ways to treat and preserve wood products. As we move into the future we are committed to sourcing and developing new products that will exceed our customers' expectations for all divisions of our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled