- - Whitmire, SC
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade, a wood products company, seeks a Laborer for our Whitmire, SC operations. The primary purpose is to perform work in processing operations as directed by the Leadman and Supervisors in a productive, efficient and safe manner. Position performs heavy manual labor in most job duties. The work is outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Assist in loading and unloading of materials and charges.
• Assist in pole storage by setting stickers and dunnage.
• Tag lumber with proper product tag.
• Cut dunnage.
• Feed timber incisor.
• Assist in cleaning work areas, painting and maintaining property, plant and equipment.
• Extensive Hours: This is a 24-7 operation, overtime and weekends may be mandatory as well as unexpected shift changes. Attendance is extremely important.
• Able to work with the public.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Apply proper Safety and environmental practices.
• Ability to lift 50-75lbs continually.
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
About the Company:
McFarland Cascade a Stella-Jones Company is a leading North American producer and marketer of industrial treated wood products specializing in production of poles, railway ties and timbers as well as our Residential Products division which supplies treated lumber and some deck accessories to retail outlets such as The Home Depot. The company has 43 plant locations along with various other sales offices throughout Canada and the US. From our beginnings as a producer of poles and pilings in Sandpoint, ID in 1916, McFarland Cascade's future has been focused on continued research and development of the best ways to treat and preserve wood products. As we move into the future we are committed to sourcing and developing new products that will exceed our customers' expectations for all divisions of our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled