Human Resource Manager
- - Winslow, IN
- Full Time
Stella-Jones seeks an experienced HR Manager to oversee all HR functions for multiple facilities. In this role you will implement Human Resources policies, partner with business leadership to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives and resolves HR issues. This position is based out of our Winslow, IN operation.
- Partners with management teams and identifies processes to align HR policies, procedures, and programs with company goals, objectives, and operating principles.
- Communicates the company's policy, philosophy and provides guidance to employees
- Monitor the pulse of each facility and partner with the leadership team to drive an inclusive, engaged high-performing culture within the plant
- Partners with managers in appropriately resolving employee relations issues. Conducts employee investigations as appropriate
- Lead organizational design discussions and support Ops leaders in org structure evaluation. Review current ops structure (including talent assessments & gaps) and recommend improvements to align operations with our future growth needs; identify opportunities for talent upgrade, employee development, redeployment and reorganization.
- Evaluate and manage the current compensation structure (hourly & salary) and making recommendations to improve market competitiveness and alignment of wage structures to plant operational needs. Manage existing corporate driven comp and benefit programs as required.
- Identify, develop, and/or implement training programs for managers and employees, including management training, new hire training, skill building programs, cross-training across plants and training for employee development
- Enters and ensures the employee's life-cycle transactions for all employees are processed in HRIS in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintains working relationships with union officials, adheres to contracts and participates in contract negotiations as appropriate. Maintains company's union avoidance program for all non-union locations/positions
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Maintains employee records, reports and assists with updating organizational charts
- Performs other related duties and special projects as required and assigned
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Human Resources preferred
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in similar role, manufacturing preferred
- License/Certification: SHRM-CP
- Experience with affirmative action plans preferred
- Strong working knowledge of HR principles and practices including labor relations
- Understanding of records administration including filing, archiving, and confidential handling
- Understanding of HRIS
- Detail oriented, accurate, and organized, and can maintain organizational data
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build relationships. Able to communicate to people at all levels.
- Able to handle confidential information responsibly
- Can handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits plans including
- 3 different medical plans to choose from
- Company paid dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
- Company paid long term disability benefits
- 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
- Robust employee assistance program
- Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
- 9 paid holidays each year
- 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
- Paid sick hours and personal hours
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled