Lead Treating Operator
- - Winslow, IN
- Full Time
Stella Jones seeks a Lead Treating Operator for our Winslow, IN facility. This position is responsible for delegating work and providing the Treating Operators and Pad Operators with the resources necessary to successfully perform their duties. Operates treating plan in a productive, efficient and safe manner. Primarily a day shift position, however will fluctuate to support the department.
- Acts as a mentor, provides leadership and direction to employees at the treating plant and drip pad area. Works together with other Supervisors.
- Communicate operational information with Supervisors and all other departments as it relates to scheduling treatment, quality control and maintenance.
- Operate and control systems by prescribed operating procedures, including but not limited to the following major systems: Boiler and pressure vessels, vacuum and condensate recovery systems, preservative mix, transfer and storage systems, hazardous and solid waste processing and storage, charge transfer tables and emergency response equipment.
- Change treatment charges. Identify and inspect materials for conformance, inspect binders and cables, move and store charges.
- Record and document systems activity to assure accurate processing of materials in conformance with corporate policy and standard operating procedures.
- Assists in preservative inventory management, including sampling, receiving, mixing and usage control.
- Sample, test, and treat waters systems, including inspection, documentation of chemical usage and supplies inventory.
- Cleans systems, handle process, store and document hazardous waste management.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Extensive Hours: This is a 24-7 operation, overtime and weekends may be mandatory as well as unexpected shift changes. Attendance is extremely important to the treating department.
- Must have a current or be able to obtain a Pesticide Applicator's license.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Must be able to operate a loader.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS suite.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects.
- Proven ability to take charge/self-starter approach
- Strong work ethic. Has high standards and holds self and others accountable
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits plans including
- 3 different medical plans to choose from
- Company paid dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
- Company paid long term disability benefits
- 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
- Robust employee assistance program
- Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
- 9 paid holidays each year
- 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
- Paid sick hours and personal hours
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled