- - Tacoma, WA
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade in Tacoma seeks an experience administrative assistant to join the team to perform routine clerical and administrative support as well as implement administrative systems, procedures and policies, and monitors administrative projects.
- Coordinate, organize and perform general administrative duties to include typing, faxing, copying, answering telephones, and filing as needed.
- Gathers, sorts, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail within the department.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage central reporting locations related to ISO 9001, FTZ and EHS documentation
- Answers telephones, routes calls and/or takes messages.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; calls for repairs.
- Perform and maintain plant observations documentation.
- Maintain department files and library including record retention program.
- Prepare and submit monthly forms, invoices and check requests when applicable.
- Assures that all assigned projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner and follow-up is done on all administrative details.
- Provides backup support to Plant admin staff
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
• One to three years of previous experience in an administrative support role
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products and email
• Excel experience highly preferred
• Confidentiality, multitasking and flexibility required
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
• Ability to work flexible hours as necessary
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled