Mobile Equipment Operator 2
- - Rison, AR
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade seeks a qualified Mobile Equipment Operator 2 for our Rison, AR operations. The primary responsibility is to operate pettibone, forklift or loader in a productive, efficient and safe manner.
• Loads, unloads, sort and transports materials.
• Moves materials to and from processing equipment, railroad cars and trucks, treating trams, storage bins and other areas as required.
• Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
• Positions forks, lifting platform or other lifting device under, over or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, product or materials and transports load to designated area.
• Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
• Participates in physical inventories.
• Assists in moving of treatment charges for storage, loading and unloading.
• Assists in maintenance and service of mobile equipment as required, including inspections, fueling, safety and cleaning as required.
• Documents and reports mechanical operation and maintenance requirements of equipment.
• Assists in the hazardous waste processing, handling and loading for shipment
• Participates and contributes to company safety program.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• Extensive Hours: This is a 24-7 operation; overtime and some weekends may be mandatory.
• High school diploma or (GED)
• Forklift/heavy equipment operator experience required
• Wood products experience preferred
• Good hand/eye coordination
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions
• Forklift certification
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
About the Company:
McFarland Cascade a Stella-Jones Company is a leading North American producer and marketer of industrial treated wood products specializing in production of poles, railway ties and timbers as well as our Residential Products division which supplies treated lumber and some deck accessories to retail outlets. The company has 43 plant locations along with various other sales offices throughout Canada and the US. From our beginnings as a producer of poles and pilings in Sandpoint, ID in 1916, McFarland Cascade's future has been focused on continued research and development of the best ways to treat and preserve wood products. As we move into the future we are committed to sourcing and developing new products that will exceed our customers' expectations for all divisions of our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled