Environmental Services Coordinator
- - Warsaw, VA
- Full Time
Stella Jones seeks a qualified Environmental Services Coordinator for our Warsaw, VA facility. The Environmental Services Coordinator is responsible for inspecting and cleaning of various areas across the yard to conform to standards of quality in untreated and treated material, preservatives, and treating specifications. Incumbent is also responsible for the coordination of various waste disposal and ongoing organization of these areas.
- Overall yard inspection, BMP documentation and cleaning of drip pad and treated storage areas
- Hazardous waste satellite drum management (moving full drums to the 90-day accumulation area) and re-deploying labeled satellite drums
- Maintaining the 90-day accumulation area in compliance with the hazardous waste rules (aisle space, labeling, housekeeping, etc.) as specified by company and regulatory standards
- Monthly water level measurement and recording of the on-site monitoring wells.
- Maintenance, cleaning and recording keeping of all required catch basin inserts
- Monitoring, cleaning of storm water treatment system influent pump inlet screens
- Coordination of DMR (treated wood) disposal
- Coordination of the compactor waste (non-hazardous) disposal
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality; allow flexible availability to accommodate work schedule, when necessary
- Participates and contribute to company safety program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Experience in a role with administrative functions and in managing inventories
- License/Certification: PIE certified, DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation
- Industry knowledge highly desired
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and a self-starter
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and dependent judgement
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
About the Company: Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled