- - Whitmire, SC
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade, a wood products company, is seeking qualified Framers to support our Whitmire, SC operations. Regular duties inspection, cleaning, measuring, cutting and drilling as directed. The work is outdoors in all weather conditions. Position may require overtime, weekend, and/or night hours.
- Inspects and verifies quality and classification of all round stock to ANSI, ASTM or Corporate standards.
- Operates hand and framing tools to cut, drill, gain, brand, tag, clean and prepare poles for treatment.
- Documents and reports material processed.
- Maintains tools, equipment, supplies and work area.
- Assists in inspection of all round stock products.
- Assists in receipt of materials, tallying, identification, records and information.
- Assists in operation of full length and deep incisor as required.
- Operates pole tag machine to manufacture aluminum tags as required
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to read blueprints and specifications
- Able to learn and acquire new skills
- Experience utilizing hand tools-drills, gainers, peaveys, chainsaws, hammers etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of wood products and defects
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits plans including
- 3 different medical plans to choose from
- Company paid dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
- Company paid long term disability benefits
- 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
- Robust employee assistance program
- Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
- 9 paid holidays each year
- 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
- Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
McFarland Cascade a Stella-Jones Company is a leading North American producer and marketer of industrial treated wood products specializing in production of poles, railway ties and timbers as well as our Residential Products division which supplies treated lumber and some deck accessories to retail outlets such as The Home Depot. The company has 43 plant locations along with various other sales offices throughout Canada and the US. From our beginnings as a producer of poles and pilings in Sandpoint, ID in 1916, McFarland Cascade's future has been focused on continued research and development of the best ways to treat and preserve wood products. As we move into the future we are committed to sourcing and developing new products that will exceed our customers' expectations for all divisions of our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled