- - Lufkin, TX
- Full Time
Stella-Jones, a wood products company, is seeking to add a qualified Transportation Coordinator to our team in Lufkin, TX. This role develops and implements least-cost strategy for transportation and distribution of finished and unfinished products within the organization and customer market.
• Audits and codes assigned 3rd party carrier truck freight bills. Works with customer service, accounting staff and vendors to resolve discrepancies.
• Works with dispatch team and third party carriers to ensure correct paperwork and billing processs is followed.
• Oversee freight bill data entry into system
• Completes monthly/quarterly FAA reports.
• Analyzes and reports-out on assigned freight accumulation accounts to sales team and customers as requried.
• Enters daily driver manifest data into various spreadsheets. Works with drivers and dispatch to resolve discrepancies.
• Contributes to company transportation decisions; exploits cost-savings opportunities for transportation and logistics.
• Education: High school diploma/GED
• Experience: 2 – 4 years Transportation industry experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to negotiate.
• Ability to work with carriers, customers service staff, drivers and vendors on daily basis
• Ability to work as a team member under time constraints and conflicting priorities
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to work overtime.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, database software, word processing software, and presentation software.
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled