- - Pineville, LA
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade, a Stella-Jones Company, produces treated wood products, including utility poles, lumber, composite decking, and more. We are seeking to add an experienced Controller to our team in Pineville, LA or Lufkin, TX. This role will provide hands on leadership to the finance team, helping to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial statements. Directs financial activities of an organization.
• Manages the Month-end closing process.
• Ensures that proper financial and operational controls are in place and performs monthly monitoring on the effectiveness of these controls.
• Prepares reports which summarize and forecast the company's business activities and financial position in areas of income, expense, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
• Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
• Develops/Monitors/Maintains product costing standards for production facilities.
• Monitors cost and product costing to optimize use resources at the plant level.
• Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
• Establishes or recommends to management major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and polices for the company.
• Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs.
• Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
• Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
• Point of contact for internal/external auditors.
• Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
15% to 20% travel is required.
Candidates who hold a CPA title and have interest and experience in costing and auditing are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Education: Four-year college or university program certificate in Accounting; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
• Experience: Minimum ten years accounting/financial background; minimum seven years manufacturing experience; tax experience; minimum five years financial modeling experience; acquisition experience a plus.
• License/Certification: CPA or MBA preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Ability to solve practical problems
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
• Annual bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
McFarland Cascade a Stella-Jones Company is a leading North American producer and marketer of industrial treated wood products specializing in production of poles, railway ties and timbers as well as our Residential Products division which supplies treated lumber and some deck accessories to retail outlets. The company has 43 plant locations along with various other sales offices throughout Canada and the US. From our beginnings as a producer of poles and pilings in Sandpoint, ID in 1916, McFarland Cascade's future has been focused on continued research and development of the best ways to treat and preserve wood products. As we move into the future we are committed to sourcing and developing new products that will exceed our customers' expectations for all divisions of our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled