- - Warsaw, VA
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade, a wood products company seeks a highly qualified Treating Engineer for our Warsaw, VA Operations. The primary function is to operate the preservative treating plant in a productive, efficient and safe manner. This position operates and controls systems by prescribed operating procedures.
- Operate and control systems by prescribed operating procedures, including, but not limited to the following major systems: Boiler and pressure vessels, vacuum and condensate recovery systems, preservative mix, transfer and storage systems, drip pad and drip pans and emergency response equipment.
- Change treatment charges. Identify and inspect materials for conformance, inspect binders and cables, move and store charges.
- Record and document systems activity to assure accurate processing of materials in conformance with corporate policy and standard operating procedures.
- Assists in preservative inventory management, including sampling, receiving, mixing and usage control.
- Communicate operational information with Supervisors and all other departments as it relates to scheduling treatment, quality control and maintenance.
- Extensive Hours: This is a 24-7 operation, overtime and weekends may be mandatory as well as unexpected shift changes. Attendance is extremely important to the treating department
- Must be able to wear respirator
- Must have a current or be able to obtain a Pesticide Applicator's license.
- Knowledge of wood products and/or chemistry is preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS suite.
- Flexibility – this is a rotating shift position in a 24/7/365 treating facility
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits plans including
- 3 different medical plans to choose from
- Company paid dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
- Company paid long term disability benefits
- 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
- Robust employee assistance program
- Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
- 9 paid holidays each year
- 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
- Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
McFarland Cascade a Stella-Jones Company is a leading North American producer and marketer of industrial treated wood products specializing in production of poles, railway ties and timbers as well as our Residential Products division which supplies treated lumber and some deck accessories to retail outlets such as The Home Depot. The company has 43 plant locations along with various other sales offices throughout Canada and the US. From our beginnings as a producer of poles and pilings in Sandpoint, ID in 1916, McFarland Cascade's future has been focused on continued research and development of the best ways to treat and preserve wood products. As we move into the future we are committed to sourcing and developing new products that will exceed our customers' expectations for all divisions of our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts