- - Whitmire, SC
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade, a wood products company seeks a highly qualified Production Supervisor for our Whitmire, SC operations. The Production Supervisor is responsible for scheduling and coordinating the flow of material into, out of, and through the plant operations. This Supervisor will ensure compliance to established customer quality and delivery expectations while maintaining a safe and productive work environment. The Supervisor is also responsible for the accuracy and communication in reporting all aspects of production operations. The right candidate will be fast paced, ambitious and looking for an opportunity to grow their career. Must be willing to work outdoors and various shifts when needed.
• Direct supervision of work crews processing materials to customer specification in a safe and productive manner.
• Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
• Assigns operating equipment and personnel to accomplish efficient material flow on a timely and cost-effective basis.
• Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, environmental requirements, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Coordinates quality control inspections for compliance to standard specifications.
• 2+ years of manufacturing experience including supervisory responsibility
• 2 to 4 years' experience in Shipping/Receiving
• 2 to 4 years' experience with production scheduling
• Prior experience with forest products preferred
• Experience with inventory management preferred
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, ability to manage 15+ employees
• Proven ability to take charge/self-starter approach
• Strong work ethic. Has high standards and holds self and others accountable
• Commitment to safety and environmental stewardship
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Proficiency in the use of personal computers (MS Office)
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan wi
o th a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
McFarland Cascade a Stella-Jones Company is a leading North American producer and marketer of industrial treated wood products specializing in production of poles, railway ties and timbers as well as our Residential Products division which supplies treated lumber and some deck accessories to retail outlets such as The Home Depot. The company has 43 plant locations along with various other sales offices throughout Canada and the US. From our beginnings as a producer of poles and pilings in Sandpoint, ID in 1916, McFarland Cascade's future has been focused on continued research and development of the best ways to treat and preserve wood products. As we move into the future we are committed to sourcing and developing new products that will exceed our customers' expectations for all divisions of our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts