- - Silver Springs, NV
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade is seeking a qualified Dispatcher. This position is responsible for effective communications with transportation suppliers, internal company and external company customers. In this position, the right candidate is energetic, professional, a quick learner and has proven organizational skills. This position contributes to a team that is focused on accuracy, timeliness, and managing all the details. The right candidate can handle high volumes, stress and a fast-paced environment with ease.
• Responsible for dispatching drivers/in-out bound carriers as need to supply on-time, cost effective service and coordinate with customer service, drivers, yard coordinators, and driver supervisor.
• Responsible for optimizing delivery routes for drivers before each shift. Looks for opportunities in efficiencies throughout the operation, delivery, yard and reports monthly on feedback and suggestions for improvement.
• Communicate and resolve issues, problems and concerns with drivers and customers as it relates to service deliveries, claims, directions, driver paperwork, DOT, permits and other issues.
• Look for opportunities to use combined company drivers and contracted carriers to minimize freight costs.
• Defines high volume one and two-way freight lanes and works to develop advantageous sourcing strategies for each specific freight lane.
• Track inventory through Bluebee and build loads to ship within the computer system.
• Verify loads before they leave the plant by counting what is on trucks and even on rail when necessary
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
• Minimum 2 years comparable experience, including shipping/receiving and inventory experience in a manufacturing setting
• Intermediate MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently or as part of the team
• Knowledge of logistics and transportation methods required
About the Company:
McFarland Cascade a Stella-Jones Company is a leading North American producer and marketer of industrial treated wood products specializing in production of poles, railway ties and timbers as well as our Residential Products division which supplies treated lumber and some deck accessories to retail outlets such as The Home Depot. The company has 43 plant locations along with various other sales offices throughout Canada and the US. From our beginnings as a producer of poles and pilings in Sandpoint, ID in 1916, McFarland Cascade's future has been focused on continued research and development of the best ways to treat and preserve wood products. As we move into the future we are committed to sourcing and developing new products that will exceed our customers' expectations for all divisions of our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts