- - Dubois, PA
- Full Time
Stella-Jones, a wood products company seeks a highly qualified Treating Engineer for our Operations. The primary function is to operate the preservative treating plant in a productive, efficient and safe manner. This position operates and controls systems by prescribed operating procedures.
- Operate and control systems by prescribed operating procedures, including, but not limited to the following major systems: Boiler and pressure vessels, vacuum and condensate recovery systems, preservative mix, transfer and storage systems, drip pad and drip pans and emergency response equipment.
- Change treatment charges. Identify and inspect materials for conformance, inspect binders and cables, move and store charges.
- Record and document systems activity to assure accurate processing of materials in conformance with corporate policy and standard operating procedures.
- Assists in preservative inventory management, including sampling, receiving, mixing and usage control.
- Communicate operational information with Supervisors and all other departments as it relates to scheduling treatment, quality control and maintenance.
- Extensive Hours: This is a 24-7 operation, overtime and weekends may be mandatory as well as unexpected shift changes. Attendance is extremely important to the treating department
- Must be able to wear respirator
- Must have a current or be able to obtain a Pesticide Applicator's license.
- Knowledge of wood products and/or chemistry is preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS suite.
- Flexibility – this is a rotating shift position in a 24/7/365 treating facility
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits plans including
- 3 different medical plans to choose from
- Company paid dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
- Company paid long term disability benefits
- 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
- Robust employee assistance program
- Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
- 9 paid holidays each year
- 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
- Paid sick hours and personal hours
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts