Treating Engineer Helper
- - Cordele, GA
- Full Time
Stella-Jones seeks qualified Treating Engineer Helpers for our Cordele, GA operations. The primary function is to assist in the handling, manufacture, and processing of lumber and round stock. Operating power tools and equipment as directed.
• Perform all duties of Inspector, Machine Operator 2 and Laborer positions as required.
• Operate material handling equipment.
• Performs inventory counts.
• Assist in loading of railroad cars, trucks and trams.
• Cleanup of yard, processing systems, or other areas as required.
• Assist as helper in other duties as may be assigned.
• Change treatment charges. Identify and inspect materials for conformance, inspect binders and cables, moves and store charges.
• Participates and contributes to company safety program.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• Extensive Hours: This is a 24-7 operation; overtime and some weekends may be mandatory.
• High school diploma or (GED)
• One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Required plant safety orientation.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
• Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
About the Company:
McFarland Cascade a Stella-Jones Company is a leading North American producer and marketer of industrial treated wood products specializing in production of poles, railway ties and timbers as well as our Residential Products division which supplies treated lumber and some deck accessories to retail outlets. The company has 43 plant locations along with various other sales offices throughout Canada and the US. From our beginnings as a producer of poles and pilings in Sandpoint, ID in 1916, McFarland Cascade's future has been focused on continued research and development of the best ways to treat and preserve wood products. As we move into the future we are committed to sourcing and developing new products that will exceed our customers' expectations for all divisions of our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled