Mobile Equipment Operator 1
- - Cordele, GA
- Full Time
Stella-Jones seeks a qualified Mobile Equipment Operator 1 for our Cordele, GA operations. The primary responsibility is to operate pettibone, forklift or loader in a productive, efficient and safe manner.
• Load, unload, sort and transport material while following quality, environmental, safety and production expectations
• Accurately move material to and from processing equipment, railroad cars, trucks, treating trams, storage bins and other areas as required.
• Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
• Positions forks, lifting platform or other lifting device under, over or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, product or materials and transports load to designated area.
• Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
• Will participate and know importance of consistent bin/sku management principals
• Will participate in FIFO expectations while handling inventory
• Will participate in physical inventories when applicable.
• Assists in moving of treatment charges for storage, loading and unloading.
• Assists in maintenance and service of mobile equipment as required, including inspections, fueling, safety and cleaning as required.
• Trains peers in equipment operation.
• Documents and reports mechanical operation and maintenance requirements of equipment.
• Participates and contributes to company safety program.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• Extensive Hours: This is a 24-7 operation; overtime and some weekends may be mandatory.
• High school diploma or (GED)
• Forklift/heavy equipment operator experience required
• Wood products experience preferred
• Good hand/eye coordination
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions
• Forklift certification / PIE certification
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts