Machine Operator 3
- - Goshen, VA
- Full Time
Stella-Jones Corporation seeks a qualified Machine Operator 3 for our Goshen, VA facility. The Machine Operator 3 performs operational work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distributions or delivery of products, parts and materials. Loads, unloads, moves or stores items according to delivery or routing documents or supervisor instructions. Operates heavy equipment.
• Operates one machines (Forklift, Knuckle-boom, Runaround, Wood Boiler Support, Prentice Support, Endplate Station Support, Trimmer Support). To operate proficiently, individual must operate consistently at or above target production levels.
• Completes daily inspection and maintenance report for assigned machine and identifies operational issues.
• Performs daily maintenance for assigned machine.
• Takes initiative to aid supervisors to make sure procedures as followed correctly.
• Participates and contributes to company safety program.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned including site cleanup.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Education: High School Diploma or GED
• Experience: One year experience in heavy industrial machine operations preferred
• Good eye/hand coordination
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
• Annual OSHA forklift training
• Wood products experience preferred
• License/Certification: Operating certificate for equipment (independent or through company)
• Annual bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts