Health and Safety Manager
- - Tacoma, WA
- Full Time
Position Summary: The Corporate Health and Safety Manager performs and participates in procedures and programs to minimize health and safety risks across the organization while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by performing the following duties:
• Develops, implements, and maintains the company's Health and Safety programs, policies, plans and procedures.
• Assists plant managers with interpreting and enforcing safety regulations.
• Assists facilities with safety investigations and root cause analysis on safety accidents and/or significant near miss incidents.
• Serves as a technical resource for OSHA compliance, and a corporate point of contact for health and safety.
• Represents the facility during scheduled regulatory, insurance, and other related audits and inspections.
• Conducts facility audits and inspections to minimize and/or eliminate accidents, losses, and environmental issues.
• Assists facilities with corrective and preventive actions.
• Audits facility safety records, files and library.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Management duties include supervision of exempt and/or non-exempt staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations and improvement plans, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in safety science or related field and
• Experience: Ten years related experience and/or training
• License/Certification: Certified Safety Professional or Industrial Hygienist a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated competence in key areas of management and leadership expertise including; relationship management, staff direction and motivation, financial planning and control, risk management and the achievement of company's safety goals.
• Working knowledge of OSHA regulations required. Knowledge of EPA regulations a plus
• Experience with EH&S Management Systems such as ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 required.
• Experience with Worker's Compensation injury reporting process required.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• Ability to participate in field activities.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing within all levels of the organization and customers.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in team settings.
• This position requires frequent overnight travel within the continental United States and Canada.
• Manages changing priorities while remaining calm and professional during potentially hazardous situations.
• Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively use time management skills to meet deadlines.
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts