Senior Accounting Clerk
- - Tacoma, WA
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade, a Stella-Jones Company, produces treated wood products, including utility poles, lumber, composite decking, and more. The Tacoma, WA corporate office is seeking to add a customer service oriented Senior Production Accounting Clerk to our team. This role will provide Accounting support for the purchase and production of logs into utility poles.
The primary responsibilities include Contract Payables; setting up mult-juridictional, multi-phase contracts for the purchase of raw material, as well as tracking and validating loads for their assigned locations.
Production Accounting Duties – Log Sales:
• Enters all Timberlands Log Scale tickets disciphering scale data.
• Tracks loads on loader sheets created in the bush and track down scale data to ensure all loads shipped from the landing are processed.
• Validates all Non Pole Loads from Yards.
• Provides support to Production Accountant in processing of sales adjustments and the entry of Log Sales Contracts as needed.
Production Accounting Duties – Contractor Pay (for assigned location(s)):
• Job Set-up – Issues Barkie PO numbers and ensures new Jobs are setup in a timely manner for Barkie Receiving; and ensures yard staff are clear on any job specific receiving requirements; Manages active Jobs list in receiving/scale program to reduce risk of yard staff receiving (and thereby paying for) loads on incorrect or expired Contracts.
• Contract Setup – reviews and creates Contracts for Purchase in Fiber Track (FT) Procurement System; works with multiple Foresters to ensure multi-phase contracts are set up properly for Contractor AP.
• Verifies all loads are entered and valid for multiple Weekly Contractor payrolls/check runs; approves pay statement load details for volumes, rates, pay splits etc. ensuring load triggers proper payments/deductions and/or accruals/depletion transactions to meet contractural requirements and/or Company Accounting Policy
• Reviewing Coding and Posting Payables for Transportation costs related to each job in Fiber Track (FT);
• Handling Timber Supplier inquries on Load based Payments
General Accounting Duties:
• Reconciles various GL Accounts as assigned and prepares Working Papers monthly
• Ongoing reconciliation of Barkie inventories (Pieces) between Scale and Contractor Pay system; ensuring all loads are current and straggler tags/pieces are resolved
• Assists with data entry of Annual Pole Inventory Counts
Customer service mindset - the role interacts with customers, internally and externally who look for your expertise and guidance to get the job done
Accounting knowledge – 2-year degree in Accounting preferred, or 4-5 years of equitable experience in manufacturing accounting including experience with contracts, state sales tax laws, reconciling accounts, and payables.
Love of technology – data entry heavy, with the use of Outlook, spreadsheet software, database software, and Enterprise Accounting software
Flexibility – the role does require long hours during month end close
Comprehensive benefits plans including
- 3 different medical plans to choose from
- Company paid dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
- Company paid long term disability benefits
- 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
- Robust employee assistance program
- Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
- 9 paid holidays each year
- 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
- Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts