- - Tacoma, WA
- Full Time
Project Manager (Tacoma, WA)
McFarland Cascade seeks a qualified Project Manager to join our Engineering team. The role is responsible for Collaborating and facilitating timely completion of engineering projects by detailing necessary sketches and generate approval drawings using AutoCAD; preparing clear, complete and accurate cutting diagrams; support Engineers with the review of PLS-CADD, PLS CADD/Lite and/or PLS-Pole Pole models: and locate, align and review hardware vendors for timely support of project timelines. Solid understanding of engineering processes, terminology, drawing/drafting techniques as well as hardware applications, material logistics and project management methodologies.
• Utilizes AutoCAD to complete drawings while checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used and relation of various parts to whole structure.
• Make drawings/sketches/charts for representation of statistical data and/or purchasing data as specified by engineers.
• Review PLS-CADD, PLS CADD/Lite and/or PLS-Pole structure models, noting corrections or questions for engineer final review.
• Collaboratively, contribute to the project management processes to execute projects effectively, efficiently and in keeping with customer expectations and timelines.
• Manages procurement of laminated poles and related hardware; oversees the vendor selection process and provides review of vendor drawings, parts lists, lead times, prices etc. for compliance with McFarland Cascade and project specifications and delivery timelines.
• Effectively prepares written correspondence in a professional manner.
• Effectively participates in the preparation and presentation of department and product capabilities to clients.
• Generate weekly/quarterly/yearly department reports for sales as well as senior management distribution.
• 2 year degree and/or AutoCAD Certificate
• 1-2 years' previous experience in a manufacturing industry preferred
• PLS-CADD/PLS-CADD/Lite preferred
• Proficiency with computers (specifically Microsoft Office Products)
• Proven problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
• Experience in training and development
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts