Financial Systems Analyst
- - Pittsburgh, PA
- Full Time
Financial Systems Analyst
Stella-Jones Corporation is seeking a Financial Systems Analyst to join our corporate team in Pittsburgh, PA. This role will work in conjunction with the Operations Accounting Manager supporting the financial systems and accounting functions for all facililities.
The Financial Systems Analyst conducts analysis to improve operational and financial effectiveness.
• Assists in monitoring and analyzing the daily accounting operations including: payables, receivables, account reconciliations, journal entries, and ledger balancing for the facilities
• Prepares reports, preforms root cause analysis, researches, problem solves and makes corrections on an ongoing basis. Participates in and supports month end, quarter end, and year-end financial period closing activities.
• Provides analysis of process automation and support for Office Managers for workflow projects
• Performs cost and financial analysis of reports and data
• Ensures that internal accounting controls, policies, and procedures are followed at the facility level
Team work mindset - the role interacts with customers, internally and externally who look for your expertise and guidance to get the job done. Be the subject matter expert that teammates can rely upon.
Accounting knowledge – 4-year degree in Accounting. 5 or more years of progressive experience in Accounting including financial auditing, manufacturing, and cost accounting. (CPA or CMA preferred)
Love of technology –Outlook, spreadsheet software, database software, and Enterprise Accounting software.
Flexibility – the role does require long hours during financial period closings and to meet deadlines.
Travel – to facilities throughout the US
This is a customer service oriented position that provides vital technical and accounting expertise to our operational divisions. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with initiative, the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines as well as a resourceful and strong communicator.
• Annual bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts