Senior Accountant Analyst
- - Pittsburgh, PA
- Full Time
Senior Accountant Analyst
Stella-Jones Corporation is seeking a Senior Accountant Analyst to join our corporate team in Pittsburgh, PA. This role will provide Accounting support for the Controller.
The Senior Accountant Analyst is primarily responsible for financial analysis, general ledger duties, assisting with the financial period closings, account reconciliations, and a variety of other accounting functions.
• Supports the Accounting & Finance Team with accurate financial data and root cause analysis
• Participates in and supports month end, quarter end, and year end financial period closing activities
• Prepares account reconciliations and corrections and identifies, prepares, and enters journal entries
• Synthesizes month to date and year to date variance explanations for all plants and corporate service departments
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget an ongoing forecasts
• Supports ERP master file mainenance activities
Customer service mindset - the role interacts with customers, internally and externally who look for your expertise and guidance to get the job done. Be the subject matter expert that teammates look to for technical support.
Accounting knowledge – 4-year degree in Accounting. (CPA, CMA, MBA preferred) 5 or more years of experience in Accounting including experience with analysis, reconciling accounts, , cost accounting, receivables and payables, and journal entries, preferably in manufacturing industry.
Love of technology –Outlook, spreadsheet software, database software, and Enterprise Accounting software.
Flexibility – the role does require long hours during financial period closings and to meet deadlines.
This is a customer service oriented position that provides vital technical and accounting expertise A successful candidate will be a self-starter with initiative, the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines as well as a resourceful and strong communicator.
• Annual bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts