Health and Safety Specialist
- - Lenexa, KS
- Full Time
Health & Safety Specialist (Lenexa, KS)
Stella Jones seeks a qualified Health and Safety Specialist based out of our Lenexa, KS office. The position performs and participates in procedures and programs to minimize health and safety risks while ensuring compliance at multiple facility locations.
This is a learning and growth opportunity role with Stella Jones as a Corporate representative. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience within Health and Safety and be looking to expand their career to a corporate level.
• Conduct health and safety facility inspections.
• Perform health and safety facility audits and training.
• Assists plant managers with interpreting and enforcing safety policies and procedures while rewarding for safety accomplishments.
• Maintain health and safety policy, programs and procedure implementation.
• Perform and oversee accident and incident investigations.
• Provide directions to other department supervisors and plant employees regarding health and safety matters.
• Perform accurate and timely health and safety reporting and recordkeeping.
• Includes 50 % travel to various facility locations.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Safety Science or related field
• 3-5 years previous experience in a manufacturing industry preferred
• Valid driver's license
• Proficiency with computers (specifically Microsoft Office Products)
• Proven problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
• Experience in training and development
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts