- - Savannah, TN
- Full Time
Quality Control Inspector (Savannah, TN)
Stella-Jones is seeking a qualified Quality Control Inspector to support operations out of our Savannah, TN yard. Regular duties include, ensuring conformance to industry, company, and customer-specific quality standards for finished railroad tie product. Occasional interaction with vendors to discuss volumes. Work schedule is Monday-Friday, 6am-2:30pm, with occasional weekend work.
• Inspects the quality of railroad ties
• Assists production departments in driving product quality.
• Assists with the implementation of process improvements.
• Identify wood species and verify quality and classification to industry standards.
• Evaluate and utilize inventory to highest and best use.
• Takes initiative to aid supervisor to make sure procedures are followed correctly.
• Always uses their personal protective equipment as an example for other employees.
• Ability to identify various wood defects
• Ability to read and comprehend specifications
• Require proficient knowledge of current grading rules and customer specifications
• Pass the RTA tie grading seminar
• Proficient Office Suite computer skills
• Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Ability to focus on multiple ongoing activities
• Must work well in team environments and have strong interpersonal skills
• Exposure to noise from equipment operations and mobile equipment.
• Extreme temperatures due to seasonal changes, dirt, dust from mobile equipment, hazards from equipment operations.
• Exposures to hazardous materials requiring long pants and long-sleeved shirts at all times.
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts