- - Cameron, WI
- Full Time
McFarland Cascade, a wood products company, seeks a qualified Quality Control Technician. The position is responsible for insuring conformance to standards of wood quality, preservatives and customer specifications. Responsibilities include boring, inspection and analysis of utility wood poles and sawn products. Position requires maintenance of environmental systems, sampling for compliance and reporting. The work is primarily outside in all weather conditions at an industrial facility.
• Administers field and laboratory tests, evaluates results, and makes recommendations on treatment of materials.
• Ensures and maintains Corporate Quality Policy on quality standards.
• Oversees processing of quality reports and maintenance of quality databases.
• Assists production departments in driving product quality.
• Assists with the implementation of process improvements.
• Ensures all preservative concentrations in work solutions are monitored on a regular basis to determine they are within specified company and industry standards.
• Oversees boring, inspection, and chemical analysis of all treated charges; issues all treating certificates and certified treating reports.
• Monitors all manufacturing processes to ensure conformance to minimum standards; i.e., incising, shaving, and framing.
• Maintains accurate records of all field and laboratory analysis, inspections, correspondence, specifications, research, or other documents.
• Assures that a high degree of communication with regard to progress and conformance are maintained. Works closely with independent, government, and company inspectors. Participates in industry "round robins."
• Oversees regulatory compliance activities including field and laboratory sampling, analysis, and compliance reporting.
• Coordinates 3rd party quality control inspections.
• Works closely with the treating supervisor in providing information to optimize treating cycles and solution strengths.
• Participates on company audit team, conducting quality audits of operating plants.
• Completes necessary daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to plant leadership regarding inspection and compliance results.
• Will actively participate in company safety, environmental and production programs and procedures.
• Extensive Hours: This is a 24-7 operation; overtime and some weekends may be mandatory.
• At least 2-3 years relevant experience in a production environment.
• Skilled in all phases of Microsoft Professional Suite.
• Must be familiar with QC Analytical equipment such as micrometers, spectrometers, calipers etc.
• Must have the ability to absorb a strong understanding of current SJC durable goods manufacturing process and how it relates to Quality Control accountability.
• Must have exceptional problem-solving abilities driven by analytical data and facts.
• Must have excellent observational and communication skills while being highly organized.
• Must have deductive reasoning skill and the desire to trace data/analytical results back to root source.
• Ability to understand tolerances and how it affects supply chain/order fulfillment products.
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
About the Company:
McFarland Cascade a Stella-Jones Company is a leading North American producer and marketer of industrial treated wood products specializing in production of poles, railway ties and timbers as well as our Residential Products division which supplies treated lumber and some deck accessories to retail outlets such as The Home Depot. The company has 43 plant locations along with various other sales offices throughout Canada and the US. From our beginnings as a producer of poles and pilings in Sandpoint, ID in 1916, McFarland Cascade's future has been focused on continued research and development of the best ways to treat and preserve wood products. As we move into the future we are committed to sourcing and developing new products that will exceed our customers' expectations for all divisions of our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts