Regional Sales Manager - Short Line Sales Manager
- - Whitmire, SC
- Full Time
Stella-Jones Corporation is looking for a sales professional to maintain contact with customers (accounts) assigned, within a geographic area, and is responsible for executing day-to-day sales activities as they apply to those accounts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop relationships with individual Short Line Railroads as well as their Corporate Purchasing Office.
- Travel extensively to all Short Line Railroads, understand their specific needs and recommend adjustments to products and or services to more fully meet their needs.
- Analyzes customer/competition situations and generates specific plans that will achieve objectives.
- Understands full meaning of his/her responsibility to maximize revenue.
- Maintains an active role in understanding the regional market pricing, and competitive outlook.
- Continually strives to identify and capture lower cost, higher service, options to meet customer needs
- Understands the leverage of volume as well as price increase strategy.
- Constantly defines and redefines his/her area of responsibility and market situation and reviews the pertinence of plans and changes them when advisable.
- Maintains an active reporting procedure in accordance with Departmental and company needs.
- Develops a Business Plan for area of responsibility that is consistent with short-range and long-range company objectives.
- Maintains a sales forecasting capability which will in the short-term make possible efficient scheduling, provide superior customer service, and control inventory and in the long-term, provide information for business planning, resource planning and budgeting.
- Keeps well informed on industry changes, participates where possible in organizations directly involved with our prime markets, and continually works to improve sales techniques and sales knowledge.
- Keeps advised on company policies, procedures, and objectives, clarifying them with supervisor when and if questions arise, and is always prepared to accurately transmit these policies to our customers.
- Pursues special projects such as special competitive investigations, market studies on new products, credit or collection activities as assigned or authorized by supervisor
- Ability to travel a minimum of 60% of regular workweek
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Marketing, Business Administration, Forestry, or Engineering
- Experience: Three to Five years of direct sales to industrial customers or management/operations experience working in the railroad industry.
• Annual bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also provides residential lumber and customized services to retailers and wholesalers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts